Life/form® Special needs Infant, female
Special needs infants require specific yet gentle care which includes the performance of vital medical procedures. This newborn-size infant allows health care facilities and medical staff to teach special procedures and develop a nursing care plan for special needs infants. The Life/form® Special Needs Infant was developed for a wide range of educational training, including beginning nursing students.
Medical devices that can be used include: tracheostomy tube and suction catheter, gastrostomy tube, nasogastric tube, and urethral catheter.
Other general cares that may be practiced include: diapering and various dressing changes.
Procedures that can be practiced include:
- Tracheostomy care (placement and suctioning) - size 3 mm
- Gastrostomy care (lavage and gavage) - size 14 FR
- Nasogastric care (placement, lavage, gavage, and suctioning) - size 8 FR or smaller
- Urethra catheterization (insertion, placement, and care) - size 8 FR
- Colostomy stoma (basic care purposes only)
Carrying bag included. Tracheostomy and gastrostomy tubes not included.