Lumbar Epidural Injection Trainer
The Trainer is designed to help trainee anesthetists acquire the necessary tactile skills for epidural anesthesia prior to hands-on patient experience. If the epidural needle is inserted too deeply a slight resistance is felt before the needle penetrates the dura.
Features found in the trainer include:
- Tactile and visual access to the lumbar spine, the epidural space and the dural sac
- Can be positioned in lying or lateral recumbent position Spinous processes and the interspinous spaces are palpable beneath the skin
- Epidural injection is carried out using either air or saline to detect loss of resistance and if accidental dural puncture occurs, "cerebrospinal fluid" will appear.
- Can be easily dissembled at any time to show position of needle during penetration
- Consists of skin, muscle layer, ligamentum flavum, vertebral bones and intra-spinal ligament
- Supplied with an all-metal Tuohy needle and a loss of resistance syringe
Size: 27 x 21 x 11 cm