Venous-Access Device Model
This model offers left and right subclavian catheter connections and an implanted PORT-A-CATH device. It is designed for instruction in the use and care of subclavian and implantable access catheters.
The simulator can be used for:
- Teaching nurses, patients, and families to medicate using catheters
- Teaching the "heparin lock" technique to prevent clogging
- Teaching the catheter?s use for blood sampling, injection, and infusion therapy
- Teaching how to locate the implantable catheter by palpation
- Caring for left or right subclavian catheters
- Changing the subclavian catheter injection cap
- Cleaning and bathing the site and changing the site dressings.
Non-staining antiseptics also may be applied.
Mounted on collapsible easel. Comes with carrying case.
Size: 57 x 46 x 13 cm
Weight: 4.5 kg