Ultrasound-Guided Thoracentesis Simulator
The Ultrasound-Guided Thoracentesis Simulator features two types of puncture units: mid-scapular line access and mid- axillary line access.
It can be used for training of
- Patient positioning
- Recognition of anatomical landmarks by ultrasound
- Assessment of level and volume of pleural effusion
- Determination of insertion site
- Needle insertion and collection of the fluid
The Simulator hast he following features:
- Excellent ultrasound image.
- Ribs that can be palpated.
- Includes Strap-on puncture units to learn patient positioning and face-to-face communication.
- Body torso for one-man training.
- Two sites for access: right mid-scapular line and left mid-axillary line.
- Volume of pleural effusion can be controlled to set different levels of challenges.
- Aspiration of fluid
- Simulation of risks of complications
- Confirmation of puncture direction.