Osteoporosis Didactic Model
now enhanced with 3B Smart Anatomy
Impressive didactic model for comparing osteoporotic and normal thoracic vertebrae. Ideal for medical studies and patient consultation. The 11th and 12th thoracic vertebrae are shown.
Reproductions of sequential osteoporotic thoracic vertebrae with narrower intervertebral disc are located on the left of the stand.
The upper vertebra is divided in the middle.
The magnetically attached vertebral half can be removed easily to show the cut surfaces. This allows clear visualization of the fractured upper part of the vertebral body caused by sintering, i.e. collapse of the bony substance in the course and as a result of osteoporosis.
Degenerative changes in the bone, manifested as osteophytes, are also identifiable.
For comparison, reproductions of two corresponding healthy vertebrae with intervertebral disc are provided on the right side.
One half of the upper vertebral body is magnetically attached and can be removed.
A detail illustration on the base depicts two 3D micro CT images obtained from bone biopsies. These illustrate the microacrchitecture of the osteoporotic bone, which has a lower bone density compared to healthy bone.
Every original 3B Scientific® Anatomy Model gives you direct access to its digital twin on your smartphone, tablet or desktop device.
Enjoy using the exclusive virtual anatomy content with the following features:
- Freely rotate your digital model and zoom in and out
- Display hotspots and their anatomical structures
- Augmented Reality (AR) feature starts your virtual anatomy model
- Anatomy Quiz function to test and improve your anatomical knowledge with instant results and final score evaluation
- Drawing function that allows image customization with save and share function
- Useful Notes function to help you with your personal learning
- Possibility to learn both male and female anatomy
- Easy access to 3D content both online and offline
- Available in 11 languages
To get started, simply scan the QR-code located on your 3B Scientific® Anatomical Model, download the new 3B Smart Anatomy app and step into the virtual world of Human Anatomy. Click here to learn more.