Kidney Stone Model
now enhanced with 3B Smart Anatomy
The kidney stone model is a helpful tool to inform patients about kidney stones (nephrolithiasis) and urinary stones (urolithiasis).
Shown in the kidney stone model is an opened right kidney in natural size.
The renal calices, the renal pelvis and the ureter are opened as well on the anatomy model so that concretions or stones can be identified in the following typical positions within the kidney:
- In the area of the renal pyramids of the kidney
- In the area of origin of the upper calix group
- In the renal cortex of the kidney
- In the connecting tubule of the lower calix group, causing congestion of the minor calices (partially closed, partially opened) in the kidney in the ureter
4 original color pictures on the base of the kidney stone model show various kidney stones.
Every original 3B Scientific® Anatomy Model gives you direct access to its digital twin on your smartphone, tablet or desktop device.
Enjoy using the exclusive virtual anatomy content with the following features:
- Freely rotate your digital model and zoom in and out
- Display hotspots and their anatomical structures
- Augmented Reality (AR) feature starts your virtual anatomy model
- Anatomy Quiz function to test and improve your anatomical knowledge with instant results and final score evaluation
- Drawing function that allows image customization with save and share function
- Useful Notes function to help you with your personal learning
- Possibility to learn both male and female anatomy
- Easy access to 3D content both online and offline
- Available in 11 languages
To get started, simply scan the QR-code located on your 3B Scientific® Anatomical Model, download the new 3B Smart Anatomy app and step into the virtual world of Human Anatomy. Click here to learn more.